The King Street Arts Centre is located at 365 Murray Street, Perth. Munster House having been originally built in the early 1900s was extensively refurbished in the late 1990s to establish what is now known as the King Street Arts Centre.
The Kings Street Arts Centre is a home for arts and cultural organisations representing a blend of regional, community and professional arts activity and practice.
These organisations include:
- Ausdance WA
- Community Arts Network (CAN)
- Country Arts WA
- Performing Lines
- STRUT Dance Company
- West Australian Youth Theatre Company (WAYTC)
Commercial businesses located within the King Street Arts Centre also include:
- Parker and Co Menswear (Shop 1 & 2)
- King of Gemstones Jewellery Shop (Shop 3 & 4)
- Small Meeting Room; Capacity for 10 – 12 people. This room is 6.1 x 3.6 meters in size and includes 2 tables, 14 chairs, and a whiteboard.
- Large Meeting Room; Capacity for 80 people. This room is 11.5 x 8.5 meters in size and includes 5 tables, 60 chairs, whiteboard and lighting tracks.
Ground Floor Foyer; Suitable for 80 - 120 people. The Foyer is available for hire 8am - 4pm for exhibitions and 4pm - 9pm for both exhibitions and events.
- Studio 1; 14 x 11 metres in size, with a sprung floor, air-conditioning and heating with the capacity to suit 25 – 30 dancers.
- Studio 2; 14 x 11 meters in size, air-conditioning and heating with the capacity to suit 25 – 30 dancers.
- Studio 3; 14 x 14 meters in size, with the capacity to suit 35 – 40 dancers.
Please refer to the King Street Art Centre Booking Guidelines for more information including conditions of use, fees, venue details and maps.
To book a Meeting Room, Foyer or Studios please click the 'Book Now' button below.
The building is managed by the Perth Theatre Trust and maintained by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, State Government of Western Australia.